Introduction to Medical Yoga Therapy: Evaluation & Treatment ToolsRT-061-005
Other payment methods
By mail or by fax
- Fill out the registration form for the training program.
- Check off the training sessions for which you’d like to register.
- Mail us the completed form, along with a cheque made out to "Atlas Medic".
- The cheque must be post-dated for at least one month prior to the training date(s).
- If you register for more than one training, please send a separate cheque for each.
- Mail your form and cheque to:
80, rue de Sydney
- Registration is confirmed upon receip of the check.
Because of the high volume of training requests we handle, we do not accept registrations by phone. You may register by one of the following three methods:
- by fax
- by mail
Thursday, March 29, 2018
5000, rue Sherbrooke Est
Montréal (Free parking)
8 h 30 – 5h 30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Hours of training
Paiement by cheque?
Fill out this registration form: CLICK HERE
Training offered in English in Montreal / in French in Quebec city
CLICK HERE for entire description
This is an introductory course for health care professionals (HCPs) on how to use yoga as a therapeutic modality. (Medical Yoga Therapy- MYT). Prior yoga experience an asset but not necessary. HCPs with knowledge of anatomy, and prior experience in observing and evaluating posture and movement would reap the most benefit from this course.
FIELDS OF CLINICAL PRACTICE FOR WHICH THIS COURSE IS APPLICABLE
Concepts and tools learned in this course will have immediate clinical applicability.
Because of its broad based therapeutic effects, MYT can be used in an array of clinical environments and with varied patient populations. Some examples, but not limited to, are: MSK/Orthopaedics (all conditions), Neurology (Parkinson’s, MS, ALS, Stroke, etc), Arthritis (OA and RA), Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Pelvic floor Pain/Dysfunction, Post-Surgical Conditions, Cancer, Cardiorespiratory, Obesity, Diabetes, Chronic Stress, Mental Health, etc.
CLIC HERE pour entire description
- Historical roots of yoga
- What are scientifically supported therapeutic effects of yoga?
- What is Yoga Therapy? What is Medical Yoga Therapy (MYT)?
- The Biopsychosocial Approach to evaluation and treatment.
- Pentagon of Wellness
- MYT Evaluation Tools
- Treatment Programs
- Breath (Pranayama)
- Mindfulness/Stress Reduction Techniques
- Physical Postures and Movement (Asanas)